I’m excited to share this french fry recipe with you! These french fries are oven-baked and oil free. They’re a big hit in our home and I suspect they’ll be in yours, too. Why? They are crispy, flavorful, AND guilt free. They aren’t fried or dripping in oil, and still just as delicious as regular fries.
My boyfriend created and perfected this recipe. Originally we used only two potatoes, but we ran out of fries too fast! We typically eat them as a side with our turkey or veggie burgers, but they make a great side dish for all types of meals.
If you have children or picky eaters, this recipe is a lifesaver. Serve them to your kids or picky eaters, and they’ll be happy to eat ’em. Also, they’re a good way to add variety to family meals when you’re burnt out on mashed or baked potatoes.
Another reason you’ll love these fries? They’re sooo easy to make and only three ingredients. While this recipe is simple, make sure to do two things. First, make sure to julienne (thinly slice) the potatoes nice and thin, so they’ll be crispy. Second, make sure to thoroughly dry off the potatoes in step 5. Your fries will come out soggy and limp if you don’t. Also, the fries generate some steam while baking in the oven, so don’t be alarmed!
Can’t wait to hear how you like these baked french fries.
- 4 russet potatoes
- 2 tbsp. salt
- cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 425°. Lightly spray baking sheets with cooking spray.
- Scrub each potato under running water. Julienne (thinly slice) potatoes.
- Place in large bowl of cold water and add 1 tbsp. salt. Scrub starch off potatoes by hand. Drain water.
- Repeat step 3.
- With kitchen rag, thoroughly dry off potatoes.
- Place potatoes on baking sheets in a single layer. Spray potatoes with cooking spray.
- Cook in preheated oven for 10 minutes then flip. Repeat this process until fries are crispy (about 3 flips or 30 minutes). Salt to taste and serve with ketchup.