Zucchini pineapple bread– it’s a summer must-have! Made with pineapple chunks, fresh zucchini, and cinnamon, you’re going to love this fruity twist on traditional zucchini bread. This dense, moist zucchini pineapple bread is perfect for breakfast and snacks.
You’re going to love this one of a kind quick bread recipe.
This is my favorite zucchini bread. Traditional zucchini bread tastes bland, and zucchini bread with chocolate chips tastes too much like dessert. But, pineapple gives zucchini bread a light, citrusy flavor that adds just enough sweetness.
If you’ve never tried zucchini bread with pineapple, you’re in for a real treat!
I love quick breads: strawberry, blueberry, chocolate chip banana nut. I love ‘em all. They’re so easy to make and don’t require a bread machine (which I don’t have). All you need is a 9 x 5 loaf pan and some basic baking skills.
So, if you’ve never made quick bread before, don’t worry. As long as you’re comfortable making homemade muffins, you can make this zucchini pineapple bread. Plus, you can always leave me a comment or email me if you have any questions.
(Or heck, save this quick bread for another time and make rhubarb muffins instead!).We’re lucky to have a farmer’s market nearby in the summer. Every Saturday morning my boyfriend goes there to buy fresh produce. He rarely misses it. (I don’t go because I’m too busy…sleeping in).
Last weekend he came home with a huge, succulent zucchini squash. I knew exactly what to do with it: make zucchini pineapple bread!
I always ensure my boyfriend has healthy, homemade snacks to take to work. And, this zucchini pineapple bread is the perfect snack to have at his desk in the summer.
Ever noticed that offices are a minefield of unhealthy food? Donuts, candy, birthday cake…does it ever end? My boyfriend’s office is no exception. There’s unhealthy food lurking around every corner. Not to mention their work luncheons exclusively take place at pizza joints, aye yai yai.
I don’t want him eating that stuff! His health is really important to me, so I always make sure he has homemade snacks like this zucchini pineapple bread to take with him. I don’t want him eating junk food.
Whether you spend your workdays in a traditional office or not, I know you’re going to love snacking on this zucchini pineapple bread. It’s a one of a kind quick bread with a lot of character. It’s moist, dense, and just a little fruity.What could be better for summer?
Let’s make zucchini pineapple bread!
- 1 and 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup and 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (8 oz.) can crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 cup fresh zucchini, shredded
- Preheat oven to 350 °F. Spray a 9 x 5 inch loaf pan with non-stick cooking spray. Yields 1 loaf.
- In a medium bowl combine flour, baking soda, salt, baking powder, and cinnamon. Set aside.
- In a standing mixer or using a handheld mixer, beat egg on medium. Mix in sugar, oil, and vanilla. Beat on medium-high until creamy. On low setting, mix in pineapple. Mix in zucchini. On medium-low gradually add in flour mixture, until just moistened.
- Pour batter into loaf pan and bake in preheated 350 °F oven for 55 minutes to 1 hour and 5 minute, or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Let cool in pan for 20 minutes before transferring to wire rack to cool fully.
Looking for a sweeter quick bread? Check out this chocolate chip banana nut!