This hearty, healthy quiche can’t be beat. With four types of fresh vegetables and three varieties of cheeses, this quiche is one of my favorite dishes. Perfect for breakfast, brunch, lunch, snack-time, (even dinner!), this vegetable quiche has a lot to offer. I love this quiche because it’s so healthy with lots of fresh veggies: spinach, mushroom, broccoli, and onion. Not only is it healthy, it’s well-balanced. It has carbohydrates from the pie crust, protein from the eggs and dairy, and plenty of vegetables. One slice always fills me up and satiates my appetite.
This recipe makes not one, but two hearty quiches.Yes, it’s just me, my boyfriend, (and our two adorable kitties), but we like this recipe so much that one quiche isn’t enough. And don’t worry if it takes your household a while to eat them, they store really well. Cover them with aluminum foil and refrigerate, and they’ll still be good up to a week and a half later. (Psst, I strongly recommend warming slices in the oven. The cheese gets nice and gooey again. Oh! And salsa. Everything is better with salsa).
Never tried quiche before? It tastes like an omelette or breakfast casserole…like a super delicious, cheesy, breakfast pie. I really like that this quiche is meatless. Meat quiches tend to be too heavy since there’s already protein in the dairy and eggs. This vegetarian one is satisfying (as opposed to nap inducing).
If you love all-inclusive breakfast dishes like this one, make sure to check out:
and other breakfast/brunch favorites like:
Okay, grab a cup of coffee and let’s make vegetable quiche!
- 2 – 9 inch frozen deep dish unbaked pastry shells
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) unsalted butter
- 1 tsp. garlic, minced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 4 oz. mushroom, sliced
- 6 oz. fresh broccoli, chopped
- 1 – 8 oz. package fresh spinach
- 1 – 4 oz. package crumbled garlic and herb feta cheese
- 1 cup Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper, divided
- 6 large eggs
- 1 and 1/2 cups milk
- 1 cup and 1/2 Colby-jack cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 375 °F. Place pie crusts onto a large baking sheet. Yields 2 quiches.
- In a large pot on medium heat melt butter. Add garlic and onion. Cook for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add mushrooms and cook for an additional 3 minutes. Add broccoli and spinach. Cover and cook until the spinach wilts. Stir in feta cheese, 1 cup Cheddar cheese, 1/4 tsp. salt, and 1/4 tsp. pepper. Spoon vegetable mixture into the bottom of the two pie crusts and spread.
- In medium bowl whisk eggs. Stir in milk and 1/4 tsp. pepper. Pour over the vegetable mixtures in the two pie crusts.
- Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes. After 15 minutes sprinkle 1 & 1/2 cups Colby-jack cheese evenly onto both quiches. Bake an additional 35 to 40 minutes, or until eggs are set. Serve warm.
Craving this meal but short on time? I have just the recipe -> Red Potato and Spinach Frittata.