This is one of my favorite lunches of all time! Tangy, crisp, and refreshing pasta salad packed with eight vegetables from artichoke hearts to cucumbers. If you love vegetables and eating healthy, you have to try this pasta salad. It’s the pinnacle of healthy food tasting wonderful. This pasta salad is so darn addictive and mouthwatering (you won’t even realize it’s super healthy!).
This recipe will change the way you think about pasta salad. As I said when sharing my Tex-Mex pasta salad recipe, pasta salad is typically viewed as bland, boring, and forgettable. But, nothing could be further from the truth with this veggie packed, zesty dish. It’s truly one of my favorite things to eat for lunch.
How do you typically eat your vegetables: raw, steamed, roasted? I love that the vegetables in this are raw, fresh, crispy, and perfectly seasoned with olive oil and Italian seasoning. If you love eating healthy, you gotta try this. It’s not just vegetarian, it’s vegan!
This pasta salad is best if you chill it overnight. However, if you take a small bite to taste before putting it away, you’ll likely eat an entire serving! You really want to let it sit overnight though. The vegetables and noodles get a lot of flavor from being soaked in the oil mixture.
I am bringing this to Fiesta Friday #117 hosted by Angie and co-hosted by me and the lovely Mollie at Frugal Hausfrau. It’s my first time co-hosting and I’m so excited. Can’t wait to see what you bring!
- 12 oz. package veggie spiral noodles
- 1 cucumber, chopped
- 1 3.8 oz. can sliced olives
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 lb. raw broccoli, chopped
- 15 Roma tomatoes, halved
- 1 6.5 oz. can marinated artichoke hearts, chopped with oil saved
- 1/4 cup & 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 .7oz. packet Italian salad dressing seasoning
- Cook noodles al dente by following package instructions.
- Drain noodles. Run noodles under cold water for 30 seconds.
- In large bowl combine noodles, cucumber, olives, green bell pepper, red bell pepper, broccoli, Roma tomatoes, and chopped artichoke hearts.
- In medium bowl whisk together oil from artichoke hearts, olive oil, and Italian salad dressing seasoning. Drizzle on top of noodle mixture and stir well, fully coating pasta salad in oil mixture.
- Cover large bowl and place in refrigerator overnight. Serve chilled with Parmesan cheese (optional). Serves 4 to 6.