Healthy , crunchy, and sweet granola with dried blueberries, sliced almonds, vanilla extract, and a hint of cinnamon. So delicious and dessert-like, you’ll wonder “is this really healthy?.” As I said about my roasted Brussels sprouts, I believe healthy food can and should taste good. So yes, while this blueberry vanilla granola is healthy, it’s also delicious!
If you’ve never tried granola, it’s basically dry cereal. Another way to think of it is, it’s all the ingredients that go into making granola bars. In order for granola bars to hold their shape, you have to use a good amount of sugar and oil. Since granola is loose, it requires less of those things and is healthier. You can eat granola plain as a snack or over milk for breakfast.
Granola isn’t typically the type of food I drool over, but I drool over this blueberry vanilla one! The flavors are so balanced and the cinnamon and vanilla extract do a good job of making the granola sweet without being overly sugary. And, the aroma. You gotta smell this granola while it’s baking in the oven! Oh my word, it smells as good as cookies.
Granola stores well if you keep it sealed, so I like to make a big batch to keep around the house. I don’t know about you, but I’m more likely to eat unhealthy if I go too long without eating between meals. Snacking on this granola prevents me from overeating later in the day.
Alright, let’s whip up some blueberry vanilla granola! Let me know what you think of this recipe by leaving a comment.
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 3/4 cup sliced almonds
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup & 2 tbsp. coconut oil, melted
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup dried blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Spray baking pan with cooking spray.
- In large bowl combine oats, almonds, and cinnamon.
- In small bowl stir together honey, coconut oil, and vanilla extract. Pour over oats and combine. Stir in dried blueberries.
- Pour onto baking sheet and bake in preheated oven for 15 to 20 minutes, every 3 to 5 minutes remove pan and shake granola around.