I know precisely what you need: a refrigerator full of fresh strawberries dipped in dark chocolate and drizzled in creamy white chocolate! These chocolate covered strawberries make for one sophisticated and decadent dessert. You’re going to love how how refined these strawberries taste yet how easy they are to make.
A lot of recipes call for dipping strawberries in milk chocolate, but I gotta tell you- dark chocolate is the way to go! Even if you’re not typically a dark chocolate fan, I think you’re going to love the chocolate combination on these. The dark chocolate compliments the strawberries while the white chocolate brings out even more flavor. In culmination with fresh strawberries, it makes for a wonderful dessert.
You know those images of Greek gods and goddesses sprawled out on fainting couches eating grapes? That’s pretty much how I feel when eating these! They’re so classy and refined that I feel like a little goddess eating them. There’s simply no better way to show yourself some self-appreciation than enjoying a sophisticated and decadent dessert.
You’re going to love these strawberries, not only for how great they taste, but how quick and easy they are to make. As you can see, I get white chocolate everywhere, but who cares? Just put down a piece of parchment paper, make a mess, and be done with it. No reason to spend a bunch of time meticulously putting white chocolate onto each strawberry.
Okay, let’s get in touch with our indulgent, decadent selves. Grab some strawberries and let’s make chocolate covered strawberries!
- 1- 1 lb. package (16 oz) fresh strawberries, washed and dried
- 12 oz. dark chocolate chips
- 1 tbsp. vegetable shortening
- 4 oz. white chocolate chips
- Place parchment paper onto a baking sheet. Insert toothpick into top of each strawberry.
- In sauce pan on low heat melt dark chocolate, stirring often. Stir in vegetable shortening. Dip each strawberry into chocolate and place onto baking sheet.
- In sauce pan on low heat melt white chocolate, stirring often. Dip a butter knife into chocolate and flick onto strawberries. Repeat until all of white chocolate is used.
- Place strawberries in refrigerator and serve once chocolate is hardened about 30 minutes.