Looking for a unique pasta salad with bold flavors?! Here it is! Tex-Mex Pasta Salad. It contains Mexican inspired ingredients: avocado, sour cream, salsa, and corn. This recipe is perfect for workday lunches, brunches, or an upcoming Superbowl party!
This recipe has a lot of upsides: it’s healthy, low calorie, and vegetarian. The entire dish contains 1860 calories and yields 4 to 6 servings. An individual serving has between 310 and 465 calories. Plus, did I mention it’s delicious? It’s delicious! Most pasta salad contains little flavor and is rather underwhelming. Not this one. It’s full of flavor, meaning you’ll want second helpings.
Moving from Texas to the Midwest was a big shock. One of things I missed most when I first arrived was quality Tex-Mex. Luckily, I’ve learned how to make Tex-Mex at home. Also, I’ve learned how to incorporate Tex-Mex flavors into traditional dishes. If you have any questions or feedback, leave me a comment. Also, follow me on Twitter and Pinterest if you haven’t already done so. Enjoy!
- 12 oz. package garden rotini pasta noodles
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 2 roma tomatoes, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup corn
- 1 avocado, chopped
- 1 cup hot salsa
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 tsp. Must-Have Taco Seasoning or quality taco seasoning
- Bring large pot of water to a boil, and cook rotini until al dente (approx. 10 minutes). Drain noodles and place noodles in large bowl. Refrigerate 1 hour.
- Toss onion, tomato, bell pepper, corn, and avocado with rotini.
- In small bowl, combine salsa, sour cream, and taco seasoning. Mix with rotini. Serve chilled. Yields 4 to 6 servings.
Pinterest Worthy Pic: